SEND Outreach Support from Forest Way School
Forest Way School are able to provide a SEND Outreach Support Service to mainstream schools in the North West Leicestershire district.
The school offer a personalised approach to support each child, including those that attend Forest Way School and those in other settings, to progress and achieve. Promoting achievement by removing the barriers to learning, using a bespoke approach to delivering a wide range of strategies for pupils with a diversity of needs.
The aims of our outreach support are to:
• Support mainstream schools in meeting the precise and specific needs of pupils with complex learning difficulties
• Help teachers and teaching assistants feel more confident in their day-to-day work in the classroom
• Build confidence through being able to talk to, observe and work alongside skilled practitioners from special school settings
• Further develop partnership between special schools and mainstream schools in a strategic, planned and transparent way
• Prevent failure and promote a culture of success
The variety of help on offer includes:
• Modelling of learning and teaching and opportunity to practise,
• Advice on teaching, learning, assessment and target setting,
• Advice on appropriate resources and information, signposting
• Makaton sessions training
• Advice about how to manage the education of pupils with specific conditions and syndrome
• Guidance at transition times
• Facilitating teaching assistants/teachers to watch and experiment with teaching techniques to build their confidence in working with children with diverse and complex needs
Forest Way Outreach Forum:
The Forest Way School Outreach Forum provision is excited to be able to offer a SEND forum for local educational and SEND professionals. This new forum will deliver support to ensure all children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities access the highest quality provision and achieve excellent outcomes.
A forum will be held one afternoon every half term 1:30-3:00pm. The next date will be announced soon. A maximum of 5 schools will be invited to share their referral case with the panel, if this service proves popular there can be several forum held over a term. The individual cases will be discussed amongst the panel and other invited schools giving the opportunity to discuss, listen and share good practice on a variety of SEND strategies.
Forest Way School would like to invite you to a Free SENDCo/Teacher Outreach Visit to Forest Way School - see flyer below.
To book your place to visit Forest Wy School please click here: Free SENDCo/Teacher Outreach Visit
To access this service: Please download and fill out the FWS Outreach Service Request Form and send it to the outreach co-ordinator Caroline Lupton at email@example.com