About FOREST WAY ALLIANCe
"Achieving Excellence by Working Together"
Forest Way Alliance (FWA) works with schools based in and around the North West Leicestershire area. In partnership with Leicestershire and Rutland Teaching School Hub, local schools and local universities, we are committed to working with others to improve teaching and learning. We aim to equip teachers and all school staff to be outstanding practitioners at every stage of their career, to provide the best outcomes for pupils.
Schools no longer need to be members to access our services.
Forest Way Alliance has a shared moral purpose towards improved attainment for all pupils in our local schools.
The Alliance will provide the following services to schools:
- Initial Teacher Training(School Direct)
- Continuing Professional Development through training courses and subject specific Networking Groups
- School to School Support
- Recruitment and deployment of SLEs and NLEs
- SEND Outreach Support
- Signposting to Educational Psychologists
- Signposting to Dyslexia Assessment
- SENCO Net
- Makaton Training
Forest Way Alliance work in partnership with Leicestershire & Rutland Teaching School Hub who are responsible for the delivery of: